March 18th, 2020
(VISALIA, CA) In an effort to better protect the health and safety of the public and county employees during the novel coronavirus crisis, public service counters at the Tulare County Assessor/Clerk-Recorder’s office will be closed effective Thursday, March 19, and tentatively scheduled to reopen Monday, April 13, 2020. Operations will continue at both agencies, with the following services still available:
- Real Estate – Although walk-in recording of real estate documents will be suspended, electronic recording by title companies will continue as normal. Documents can be sent by U.S. mail for recording to the Recorder’s Office at 221 S. Mooney Blvd., Room 103, Visalia, CA 93291.
- Birth and Death Certificates – Vital record request applications can still be obtained and submitted through the mail or through VitalChek, a third-party service. The VitalChek link and applications can be found on the Clerk-Recorder’s website at https://tularecounty.ca.gov/clerkrecorder/. For authorized copies, a completed sworn statement and notary acknowledgment are required. Requests made by U.S. mail will be processed as usual and, once completed, returned by U.S. mail. Please mail requests to 221 S. Mooney Blvd., Room 103, Visalia, CA 93291.
- Marriage Licenses – No new marriage licenses will be issued between March 19 and April 12, 2020. Marriage licenses that have already been issued need to be returned to the Clerk’s Office as soon as possible. Please mail issued marriage licenses to 221 S. Mooney Blvd., Room 103, Visalia, CA 93291.
- Recorded Document Purchases – Purchases of recorded document copies submitted through the mail will be processed as usual and returned through the U.S. mail.
- Assessor Business – The Assessor’s Office will be available to answer questions by phone, email and U.S. mail only. Electronic copies of Assessor forms can be found by visiting https://tularecounty.ca.gov/assessor/index.cfm/forms/ Completed forms must be mailed to 221 S. Mooney Blvd., Room 102E, Visalia, CA 93291.
- Contact Us – Questions via telephone, voicemail, and email will be answered promptly based on staff availability. Assessor/Clerk-Recorder hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information:
Tulare County Clerk: (559) 636-5051 https://tularecounty.ca.gov/clerkrecorder/
Tulare County Recorder: (559) 636-5050 https://tularecounty.ca.gov/clerkrecorder/
Tulare County Assessor: (559) 636-5100 https://tularecounty.ca.gov/assessor/
View the full notice here.