March 17, 2020
ln furtherance of compliance with the California Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control guidelines and recommendations, the Superior Court of California, County of AIpine, is implementing the following precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of the community. These measures shall go into effect forthwith:
- Personal appearances in court on traffic matters will be suspended until May 4,2020. lf you have a traffic matter that is scheduled for hearing before May 4th and it is your desire to personally appear in court, you are instructed to contact the clerk’s office at 530 694-2113 and arrange for a new appearance date.
- All scheduled court hearings, with the exception of criminal matters that have statutory time constraints, will be rescheduled to May 2020 by minute order.
- All persons entering the courthouse will be asked to use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at the entrance to the facility.
- After entering the court facility, and during court proceedings, people are asked to maintain a six-foot separation from others, unless not otherwise feasible.
- The court has significantly increased cleaning protocols for all public areas in the courthouse including benches, counters, and seating within the courtroom. These areas will be sanitized after each court session.
- Self Help Attorney services for self-represented litigants available on the third Thursday of every month will be conducted by telephone only by calling (530) 542-2515.
- The court encourages a reduction in all non-essential hearings, the use of court-call in lieu of personal appearances, and any other measures to minimize the risks associated with personal contact during the current national health crisis.
The Alpine County Superior Court will of course continue to monitor the recommendations of the California Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control and implement any further measures necessary to ensure public health and safety
View the full notice here.