As a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Assessor/Recorder’s Office will not be able to provide services for walk-in customers commencing March 20th, 2020. We will continue to provide essential, but limited, services as described below:
- Real Estate – There will be no real estate recording accepted for walk-in customers. Approved electronic recording remains unchanged. We will continue to process documents sent through the mail. We also
have a locked drop box located near the street in front of the courthouse’s main entrance to drop off real estate recordings.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records Requests – Requests for vital records (birth, death, and marriage records) submitted through the mail or left in the locked drop box located outside of our office will be
processed. Completed requests will be returned through the US mail. Applications can be downloaded through our website at www.co.modoc.ca.us/departments/recorder.
- Personal Property Statements – Property statements may be submitted through the US mail. They may also be left in the locked drop box located outside of our office or in the locked drop box located near
the street in front of the courthouse’s main entrance.
- Assessor Parcel maps – Assessor parcel maps are available for viewing using our website at www.co.modoc.ca.us/departments/assessor.
- Official Record Purchases- Official records (purchase of copies) submitted through the mail will be processed. Completed requests will be returned through the US mail. Documents may also be purchased via Parcelquest online at www.co.modoc.ca.us/departments/recorder.
- General Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls and emails to our office will be answered based on the availability of staff. Please call with any questions: (530) 233-6218.
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.