As a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Merced County Clerk-Recorder’s Offices will not be able to provide services for walk-in customers starting March 23, 2020, and until further notice. In the meantime, we will continue to serve you as described below.
- Recordings – Recordings must be either submitted via electronic recording services through an authorized agent, by mail, or via the secure drop box located near the north side entrances to the Merced County Administration Building at 2222 M Street, Merced. Payment must accompany the recording request in the form of a check, money order or credit card (must include “Credit Card Authorization” form.) All return processing will be sent through the US mail.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Record Requests – Requests for certified copies of birth, death or marriage certificates must be either submitted online through the Vitalchek service, by mail, or via the secure dropbox with payment of money order or credit card (must include “Credit Card Authorization” form). All requests will be returned through the US mail.
- Official Record Copy Requests – Copies can be requested by submitting a “Document Order Form” with payment of money order or credit card (must include “Credit Card Authorization” form). All requests will be returned through the US mail.
- Marriage License – Marriage Licenses will not be issued and no appointments for civil ceremonies will be made until further notice.
- General Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls, voicemails, and emails will be answered based on the availability of staff. If you have trouble getting through, please be patient and try again. You may also send your questions via email.
For more information – please visit www.co.merced.ca.us/239/Recorder
Or Contact us at:
Recorder phone 209-385-7627
Recorder email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorder mail 2222 M Street, Merced, CA 95340
Additionally, for all departments, a drop box is located near the north side entrances of the County Administration Building, 2222 M Street in Merced.
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.