March 18th, 2020
As a precautionary measure to help protect staff and the community from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Assessor/Clerk-Recorder will limit walk-in hours for her offices from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday through the remainder of the locally declared emergency, or earlier with the consultation of health officials. In addition, the following services will be temporarily suspended:
• Civil Marriage Ceremonies
At this time it is recommended that if you have any non-essential business with the Assessor or Clerk-Recorder’s Offices that it be postponed until after services return to normal operating hours. Your patience and understanding is appreciated during this unusual and concerning period of time.
- Real Estate Recordings: Recordings will be accepted during the walk-in hours listed above and will be processed by the next business day. Recordings may also be mailed or sent by courier to: Kings County Clerk-Recorder, 1400 W. Lacey Blvd., Hanford, CA 93230. Any questions regarding payment or document recordability can be emailed to ClerkRecorder@co.kings.ca.us or you may call 559-852-2470 weekdays between 8:00 – 5:00.
- Property Statement Filings: Property Statements may be dropped off during the window period or mailed into the office. It is required that the property statements have a “wet” signature. Therefore, we cannot accept the Property Statements via email. If you have questions about filing your property statement you may send an email to Assessor@co.kings.ca.us or call 559-852-2486.
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records Requests: Requests for birth, death or marriage records can be started online through our website. Forms may be mailed or presented during the walk-in hours.
- Marriage Ceremonies: Civil ceremonies that were previously scheduled will be performed by the County Clerk-Recorder, but no new appointments will be available until further notice.
- Marriage Licenses: Marriage licenses will be processed during walk-in hours, but prior to obtaining a license please ensure that you have an officiant that will perform the ceremony. To prepare your application online use this link http://publicrecordsint.countyofkings.com
- Fictitious Business Name Statements: Business Name Statements may be filed with the office during the window period of 10:00 am and 1:00 pm Monday through Friday or through the mail at Kings County Clerk-Recorder, 1400 W. Lacey Blvd., Hanford, CA 93230. To prepare your application online use this link http://publicrecordsint.countyofkings.com
- Official Records Copies and Searches: The public viewing room will be available between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm Monday through Friday, but there will not be staff available to assist with the searches. Alternatively, indexes and record searches may be found on our website at http://publicrecordsint.countyofkings.com
- General Phone Calls and Emails: Phone calls, emails and voicemails will be answered between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The contact information is as follows:
View the full notice here.